Sister Rhea Walters

Sister Rhea Walters

Monday, May 29, 2017

"Sister Walters, You've Been Transferred Permanently to the Hospital" may 22, 2017

Mom that's a joke. 
But we had transfer calls this week and Sister Ormsby and I are still together! She will kill me in the mission! (That's what the last companion is called on the mission) I love her so much- we are having a great time, she teaches me a lot about real world life and I teach her about mission life. 
Also...back to the hospital this week, but didn't have to go down to the capital! I started losing my hearing randomly and so the ear doctor poured all this bubbly hydrogen peroxide in it, found a fungus (awesome right) and gave me medicine. Probably from the dirty shower water. I love this place. 
The 6 hour drive back home by myself....so awkward
My beloved companion 
BUT MIRACLES STILL! Even though our area has been kawawa with all my time out, AMY WAS BAPTIZED THIS WEEK! 

Just goes to show we aren't in this work alone. God always is there with us, and will even take over when our weaknesses have taken US over. 
Baptism victory pose

The baptism was beautiful, it was so cool so see her husband baptize her and to bring a family together in the gospel. President sang with us at the baptism, this song called "Precious Family Dressed in White." And yes of course I messed up in the song. It's not complete with out a little blub from Sister Walters
Their baptism!!

Tagalog Word of the Day: 
If you want to try starting your prayers in Tagalog this is how 
"Ang aming minamahal na Ama sa Langit.." Our beloved Heavenly Father..
Baptism victory pose

Spiritual Thought: 
I love D&C 1:30 where the Lord declares so boldly that this Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is the "only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth, with which I, the Lord, and well pleased.."  I recently read the talk "Why 1820" and it has an awesome timeline of how Christ established his church while here on the earth, and then every step of how it fell away, the completion and fullness of the Apostasy, how the Catholic, and Protestant and other churches formed and the Restoration, why 1820 was the only time the Lord could restore his true church and it could survive and grow. Even without the facts, I had a firm belief in this Church simply through answers to prayers and the blessings I've seen, but as I serve the Lord here on the mission, He continues to prove to me the truthfulness of His church and how He truly is the one guiding and leading this earth. I know without a doubt that His son is Jesus the Christ and he built His church her on earth. I know that it was lost for a period of time but because of His love for us. he showed himself to a young searching boy, called him as a latter-day prophet, and restored the Priesthood keys and authority to Him. By the grace of god and the faithfulness of members it has not only stood but spread itself across the world today. I know it is still guided by our Heavenly Father and directed through Jesus Christ. I know we have a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson, living apostles, and that the Priesthood is real. I am so grateful to be a part of it and let others know the truth as well. 

I love you all!! 
Sister Walters 

No comments:

Post a Comment