Sister Rhea Walters

Sister Rhea Walters

Monday, April 24, 2017

Speechless

I don't even know how to describe this week actually. So many things change every day. Being the STL right by the mission home with  the AP's and stuff is really fun to help out and learn from a lot of missionaries but you just know everything about the mission and I kind of like just only knowing what I need to haha BUT inspite of lots of crazy things happening....This trio (otherwise known as Destiny's Child hahaha) worked SO hard this week and we've seen more success in a single week than I almost have my whole mission.

Abat Family- Eternal Investigators before but we are determined to help them be baptized. The mom, and two kids accepted and the dad didn't want to be baptized cause he already got baptized in the Catholic church. We explained baptism and I asked him if he wanted to ask anything- he comes out with the perfect question. "Do the priests have priesthood? Like in the Catholic church?" I go, "Thanks for your question, let me tell you the history of the priesthood and something called the Restoration and then you can answer your own question."

I don't even know how to describe this week actually. So many things change every day. Being the STL right by the mission home with  the AP's and stuff is really fun to help out and learn from a lot of missionaries but you just know everything about the mission and I kind of like just only knowing what I need to haha BUT inspite of lots of crazy things happening....This trio (otherwise known as Destiny's Child hahaha) worked SO hard this week and we've seen more success in a single week than I almost have my whole mission.

Abat Family- Eternal Investigators before but we are determined to help them be baptized. The mom, and two kids accepted and the dad didn't want to be baptized cause he already got baptized in the Catholic church. We explained baptism and I asked him if he wanted to ask anything- he comes out with the perfect question. "Do the priests have priesthood? Like in the Catholic church?" I go, "Thanks for your question, let me tell you the history of the priesthood and something called the Restoration and then you can answer your own question."
By the end he said he would tell his old priest he was bad and had no priesthood. Hahaha we all laughed and I encouraged him not to do that because we still respect all other religions.

Found another whole family! The Tan family. Just one of those simple missionary moments where you pass a gate and the spirit burns your conscience every further step you take so you go back and it turns out to be an incredible family that never entertains any missionaries until we came. We are excited for their progression.

Casugay couple...has been kind of discouraging. The husband was hiding he still has a word of wisdom problem so we don't just need to get them married but also help him resist cigaretts and drinking. But we aren't losing faith!!! They still really want to be baptized.

Funny Moment:
Actually with this trio every moment was hilarious..I asked my girls what was funny this week and they said "what wasn't" We had a good time preaching the gospel to Lingsat area.

Philippines Moment:
Most meals are finished with a banana and glass of water.

Tagalog:
Banana- Saging
Mango- Mangga
Coconut- Buko
Together make THE most amazing shake. We buy it in liters.

Spiritual Moment:
I had the wonderful opportunity to go on splits for a couple days as we housed a sweet Kiribeti sister who was on her way home due to physical illnesses. Learning Kiribeti to Tagalog is so difficult because they are learning at the same time. But this sister testified so boldly. simply, and genuinely in every single lesson and had me crying in almost all of them. No companion has had that effect on me in a lesson so far.

What really touched me was how she spoke of love. Love for her heavenly father is what drove her to change and convert to this gospel. Love for her family is what helps her stay strong to one day persuade them to join the true church. and Love for all of us is why she served her mission "to find her other brothers and sisters."

I know we are all here because of love. Because of the love of our Father in Heaven he developed a plan and because we love him we chose to follow it and come here. He loves us so he sent his only begotten son- who in turn loves us enough to live perfectly, die painfully, and rise gloriously, so we all can live again, physically, and spiritually if we choose to. We will follow his commandments if we love him. And as we do, he pours out his love even MORE on us. Love is an amazing thing.

Just want to shout out how much I love my family and my friends. Their examples and support for me I can never repay or fully express my gratitude for.

The Church is TRUE everyone!

Sister Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment