Sister Rhea Walters

Sister Rhea Walters

Monday, April 10, 2017

I Love You Geraldine

Blessings:
This week helped me again realize that the Lord has his own perfect time table-that not always is in line with ours.

Say hello to the mission office crew :) 


Nanay Nida's baptism being moved was at first a heart breaker and now is a wonderful opportunity for her to bring her children to come watch this Saturday.


Edwin Casugay (the husband of the family we are teaching) had consistently let us down by not showing up to church, but then was shaved and crisply dressed with a nice new hair cut to come to watch Conference. He said it felt so amazing he will always come to church. 


The last one is also a blessing but a much harder one to swallow. 

The first session of Saturday General Conference was ALL about the Plan of Salvation and I felt a weird twinge inside when one spoke of being a mission president and comforting a missionary that had a member pass away. Right then our President had sent a message to call him as soon as I could. He gave me the news that my sweet and beloved grandma Geraldine Walters had passed away. 
Geraldine Litster Walters April 28, 1928-April 7, 2017

This has been so so hard on me but I know my grandma would not want me to waste any time on the mission grieving. I feel her with me as we teach others about the Plan of Salvation. I know she is strong now and with my Grandfather. And with full confidence in the Plan of Happiness of our Heavenly Father, and the power over death that our Savior holds, that I will see her again. I need to work my best and remain worthy of my covenants so I can be with that exemplary and inspiring woman in the Celestial Kingdom. Walters family- make sure no one gets left behind!!! 
The women in Bacnotan saw me at Conference and ran up yelling "dito ang mga nanay mo!" (here are your moms!) 




Spiritual Thought:
Just a short one- conference was wonderful and we all felt it. It brings a renewed light into our lives, inspiration, and motivation to be better, and ultimately more like our Savior Jesus Christ. 
With this knowledge and blessing let us remember D&C 82:3 which my dear Sister Zarbock told me to focus on this week. 
"For of him unto whom much is given much is required; and he who sings against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation."
God has answered our questions through his servants, true prophets seers and revelations. He has given us light, knowledge, and personal revelation. He hopes that we will follow this. Let us not let the spirit of conference pass away as a good memory. Study the talks, review your notes, be "all in" and most importantly ask for help from your Heavenly Father to LIVE it. 

His promises are sure that through incremental improvements, daily repenting, and keeping our covenants, we will "know the true and living God" , even Jesus Christ, and obtain eternal life. In the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, amen. 


Zone volleyball and family shirts with President and Sister Bangal 
Sister Walters 

No comments:

Post a Comment