Sister Rhea Walters

Sister Rhea Walters

Monday, July 31, 2017

God Be With You Till We Meet Again....Paalam

our first picture in the mission 
This was an amazing week and I am beyond grateful for the opportunities the Lord has provided here on the mission for me to learn of His power and grow closer to Him. Mom, I'll provide more details mamaya (later) but we traveled up to the mountains this week to perform for Quirino.
So far the church there is the basement of the Elder's apartment and consists of 14 members. Rainy season came hard this weekend and we got hit by the storm pretty bad, we even had to cross a river in President's car
but not all the cars made it because it started to flood and got too close to a ravine....and other obstacles but through prayer the the Lord's help he led us to those members and their investigators. That apartment was packed that night and I was so touched by the faith of the members (almost all recent converts.) 


Our last performance I didn't make it through "Come Unto Christ" without the tears coming down. For the past 18 months, my purpose has been solely to invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Fulfilling that purpose has brought me more joy than I've ever experienced, and something that runs so deep I don't know how to live with out it. 

"Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it; and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith)  

I aim to feel this happiness for the rest of my life and I know the only way to do that is by continuing to become a disciple of Jesus Christ. I may have to remove this name tag but I still know how I am and whom I represent. I have a testimony of his gospel that is unshakable, and the foundation of a 'bedrock' understanding of His saving doctrines. But I am excited to learn of Him throughout my life. I know Jesus Christ truly is the only begotten Son of our Heavenly Father. I chose Him before I was sent to this earth, and the only way I find real strength is by choosing Him, again and again, every day of this mortal life. The plan of Salvation is a reality and there is a path laid out for us to not only return to God but become like Him and obtain all that He is. If we but keep the faith, the fight, and finish our course with joy. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God and provides its witness, along with the Bible, that Jesus is the Christ. Prayer and scripture study should be the book ends of our day- morning and night, to hold everything else together. All commandments are given out of love for our benefit and safety and happiness that lasts. I know that faith requires action and every blessing comes after the trial. Charity is the pure love of Christ and truly never fails. Every person we come across is deserving of this love. 

I didn't become the person I imagined on the mission. I thought it was just more of a time machine where you go through some stuff, preach the gospel, experience a new culture, and come home this perfect glowing RM. But I learned the reality of this scripture 

Ëther 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble, and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. 


As I have come closer to Christ on the mission He has shown me my weaknesses and what I need to change. Like I said I haven't become perfect, but I know the path I need follow, I know who He needs me to be, and I am on the way. I love my Savior and I am grateful for the Gospel He taught and restored. I will live it and share it my whole life! 

Thank you for all the support and your amazing examples of faith as I have served. You play a large role in the experiences and blessings of my mission!! 
So hard to leave this beautiful place...

Love you all, 
See You Soon :) 

Sister Walters 

1 comment: