Sister Rhea Walters

Sister Rhea Walters

Sunday, March 12, 2017

There's a First for Everything

Man this week was crazy.
 We worked our little hineys off not gonna lie and we saw lots of miracles and we saw lots of...other exciting experiences.

1- We walk and walk and WALK cause we are saving money so we can pay two people for our laundry cause they really need it. But my feet were getting SO hot and sore, then I realized my rubber shoes on the bottom were worn down to like socks haha oops. 
So tired you fall asleep during prayers. Go sister Dennis ;) 

2- Found 19 new investigators this week! Just from teaching in open groups and simple "Sali kayo!" (come join) to everyone that walked by. One of them was a couple that went and found their Book of Mormon from past lessons, remembered and believed everything, and accepted a IBD! (Baptismal Date) 

We got new name tags that have our mission on them 


3- Hazel is doing incredible. Her trials are just doubling and tripling but she is so. faithful. Finances are incredibly difficult and she cried being so touched about the promise of tithing. She needs a lot of prayers though for her baptism to continue this month. 
3- Shari came to church! The young women did and INCREDIBLE job offellowshippingg and she is so excited to learn. 
This cute sister is 16 but really excited to serve a mission and just got called as a primary teacher! 


On the other hand....
-My sweet companion got sick one night and was such a trooper cause still walked all the way home and I dutifully held her hair back if she had to throw up on the side of the road. 
-THEN my sweet companion again helped me when I passed out at the church. DON'T FREAK OUT MOM. We were fasting again cause our investigators need it, but with the heat and all the walking I think it got to me. I wanted to finish our fast so bad without drinking water cause we were so close but I got so flushed and hot and dizzy all the sudden and I went to the bathroom before leading the music, and luckily a member was behind me and caught me with I fell. I think I freaked my companion out and all our investigators cause she said my eyes like rolled back before I went limp then just ran into the room and said "Sister Walters Passed Out!" SO all the elders ran in and they made me go home and rest. But I didn't want to take time off so we taught Hazel at the church right after, and then went to an appointment with a new family that night (shh) 
Crazy! I've never passed out before! You experience a lot on the mission. 

*PS SHOUT OUT to Bacnotan ward for truly being a family. The sister that caught me set me up a bed of chairs and hymn book pillows and just stroked my hair like I was her own kid (she has a kid on a mission too) Then when we taught Hazel one by one the relief society sisters came in to comfort her and give her strength. SO amazing. 


You Know You're in the Philippines When....
Instead of getting annoyed at another group of people asking to take picture with you, you just make a bargain and say only if you can give them a pass along card ;) Go being white sisters. 

Missionaries Can Laugh Too...
Hazel is THE funniest person I know. She was worried about us walking home in the dark (I'll attach a picture of how dark our walk home is)
so she got up and taught us Karate. (picture attached and video as well)


Tagalog....
Mag-ayuno = To Fast 
This fruit is called Gayubano and is SO good


Spiritual Thought...
This week I have been reading about Korihor and Alma and can I just say Alma is a straight up stud? He is so firm in his testimony and declares his witness of Christ so boldly that you know Heavenly Father is with Him. I also have been studying about dedication to Christ by reading Jesus the Christ. People asked to follow him and Christ denied none but expressed the requirements saying "Any man who puts his shoulder to the plow and looks back is not fit for the kingdom of God" or something like that ( I don't have it memorized sorry). Man that will get you. Whenever we have the chance to testify of Him I love how everything gets quieter, no matter where we are, and those investigators eyes are locked on ours hanging on every word as the Spirit guides us. Here on the mission I can honestly say I know my Savior Jesus Christ lives. I know he is the Messiah and even Jehova, predestined to come and be our older brother, exemplar, and redeemer. I know He defied the grave and was resurrected so that we ALL will be taken up to the judgement seat of God. I bear witness of the truthfulness and fullness of the gospel that as we exercise faith unto repentance, be baptized by proper authority of God, receive and remain worthy of the Holy Ghost, and never deny this while enduring to the end...we can see Him again, embrace Him, and ultimately live and reign with Him. Even in eternal families. 
Write down your testimony of the Savior. Pray for opportunities to defend it, share it, live it. It is the most important thing we can do in this life. I say these things in His sacred name, our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen. 


Sister Walters 


No comments:

Post a Comment