Sister Rhea Walters

Sister Rhea Walters

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Maligayang Bagong Taon (Happy New Year)!!

STL from San Fernando. She is also in my batch coming into the mission and I LOVE her :) ​
The white kids at MLC- Apparently Elder Smith also went to Alta. Small world huh? ​
Highlights:

Sister Julia is still strong for her date on the 14th of January and it is so awesome seeing the gospel light build in her eyes. 

Brother Omar used to be an investigator of ours but we ended up giving him to the Elders because we switched around areas and he is being baptized this Saturday!! The ward is excited to have some weekly baptisms again :) 

I had exchanges with Sister Bleak again!! We got to experience the non-training schedule of noon to 9pm straight proselyting and we were pretty beat from the heat and walking but we taught some awesome lessons, that sister's spirit is SO strong and I've loved having the chance for us to come from the MTC together and see each other grow along the way. Also it was fun to sing with her again before every lesson :) 

We met this new less active named Sister Arcely and it was such a cool experience with the spirit! She let us in and told us she was going to go to the market with her son, like they were ready and everything, and then something stopped her feet and she just told her child they would go later for some reason. Then she heard "tao po" (that's what you say when you are at the door of a house) and we came in! It was powerful lesson about the love of the Savior for her and she wants to come back to church and introduce her family to the gospel too. 

We had our MLC meeting with President in Baguio! We set some new goals for the new year, including a 1000 baptism goal for the whole mission! It was at my old chapel and it brought back a ton of memories to be in my first area. I wasn't allowed to coordinate with my old investigators or converts so it was kind of sad to be so close but hey it's okay. Also it was FREEZING. A really weird change to feel cold again. 

Banging pots and pans of course!
NEW YEARS!! Was very loud haha- we had to be home by 6 pm but we couldn't sleep until after 12 because it sounded like guns outside our house it was SO loud. But we had some yummy cake, ice cream, and watermelon, then the neighbors of course gave us...wait for it..macaroni salad and spaghetti. So crazy that it's 2017. 
Midnight new years food

Light Moments:
Yes all my brothers can be proud of their sister who definitely not "maarte" (like high maintenance) because this sweet investigator gave us tons of juice and afterwards of course you need to go to the bathroom but I didn't want to take time out of proselyting by going home- it was only 3 in the afternoon- so yeah there was some woodland like trees on the side of the pathway we were walking and yeah. My comp stood guard. She said she was very proud of her trainer. You have to teach the new missionaries survival skills too right? 

You Know You're in the Philippines When:
Your white skin and blonde hair is shone from a mile off (now combined with my companion too) so you get "Americana" or "Barbie" shouted at you all the time with fingers pointing, people waving, cars honking...it used to be annoying but now me and my comp are just trying to soak up the celebrity life. I tell her just smile and wave. and share the gospel. :) 

Tagalog:

Busog na Busog na ako = I am so full now (thats how you feel every second of the holidays) 


Spiritual:
I love in Mosiah 26 where it talks about how the Lord accepts all who turn back to him- every time we repent, with real intent and full purpose of heart, he accepts us an forgives and forgets. He doesn't care nearly about where we have been as he does about where we are and were we plan to go. There are so many amazing things I have been able to do this past year, but as always there are mistakes I have made and times when I could have done better, when I could have lived up to my divine potential more, times were I could have served more, been less selfish, been more faithful in trials, fought worldy temptation, and many more workings of Satan. I see 2017 as an incredible opportunity to set new goals for myself to not only realize that divine potential the lord sees in me but to LIVE and USE it, to be worthy of his trust and his never ending love. I encourage you all to get on your knees and "counsel with the Lord" (Alma 36:37) and evalaute your past year and let him know what you want to accomplish this year. Listen to what his will is for you and ask for the strength to accomplish that. I know he will strengthen and lift me and do the same for you. 

Love you all!!

Sister Walters 


No comments:

Post a Comment