Sister Rhea Walters

Sister Rhea Walters

Monday, March 21, 2016

Thy Faith Hath Made Thee Whole - March 17, 2016


Thy Faith hath Made Thee Whole                                 March 17, 2016


Week Recap

THIS WEEK WAS AWESOME! So I'll start with last Thursday. (Before you skip this paragraph because you think I am going to go through every day and it will be too long and you have better things to do...you're probably right pero I am going to try to make it short still.) My Kasama and I had the magandang pakakataon (beautiful opportunity) to take a new Kirabeti sister through the temple.



It was such a great reminder of how special the temple should be every time. Go to the temple every week. We have a place like heaven so close to us. These sisters from Kirabeti have to go to Figi just to experience the temple.
My fav Kirabeti sister, she is always so happy..
 
Friday we got maybe the most exciting mail yet (and packages are pretty exciting) our....drumroll...TRAVEL PLANS!!
Travel plans!
I AM REALLY LEAVING THE MTC. I really think I was born here. It starts to feel like you were called to the MTC. Next Wednesday I will fly to LA, then a 15 hour flight to Hong Kong, and 2 hours to Manila.
So this is the last email from Provo! The rest of the week was filled with the usual. Our lessons are getting better and better as we are working more in unity and more in tune with the spirit and the gift of tongues. I had my district try a day of just Tagalog speaking. That was fun :) I ended up being the only one who really did it but they tried their best! I am just kind of annoying with how much I love the language and want to learn it. So when they kind of want to punch me for speaking Tagalog, I just give back rubs to the sisters and my treats to the elders and everything is fine. Oh also I had another magandang pakakataon to speak in church. Haha. They tell us approximately 30 seconds before we go up if we are speaking or not. And also my Kasama and I sang a rendition of I Need Thee Every Hour and Guide Me to Thee in sacrament meeting! Pretty cool. I like that girl.
We love each other!
New sisters in our zone...
AND ANOTHER AMAZING THING! One of the new sisters likes to run and I advised a companion split so we could run outside. My heart was pretty much on the pavement. As much as I love running 50 laps around an indoor track, the outside world was beautiful. 

 
You Know You're in the MTC when...

Any Elder that talks to me or runs somewhere within a couple meters of me my cute sisters in my zone break out in coughing fits saying "LOCK YOUR HEART LOCK YOUR HEART." It is kind of very awkward and very funny so that is just really great. Sometimes I run away down the stairs to hide from Elders and then come back up when they are off the track. Elders are awkward. Love them all. But...basta. ("What I have said is sufficient") 
 
Missionaries Can Laugh Too...

No idea who's coat this is, but it keeps me warm!
As much as I say I love this language, I make a good amount of mistakes. In every single lesson for our follow up I asked our investigators how my husband was, if they went to church with my husband, or if they discussed the Law of Chastity with my husband. So I don't have a husband. Obviously. They were pretty good at acting confused but I could tell they were fighting a good laugh. 

Spiritual Thought...


I know I talked about faith last time but I want to say a little something about this very pivotal principle of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I was asked to speak on obedience in sacrament meeting and I related it back to faith because they really go so much hand in hand. When we are obedient to the Lord's commandments he promises us feelings of protection, freedom, and peace. Sometimes it is easy to think following "strict rules" and "too narrow of guidelines" will make us frustrated and limit our happiness. This couldn't be farther from the truth. Enos is an incredible example of faith as we prayed for longer than we probably ever will for the remission of his sins. The voice of the Lord comes to him and reassures him "Thy faith hath made thee whole." That line caught my eye more for some reason. The footnote states "spiritually reborn." The thought that came to me was that when we exercise our faith and show obedience to the Lord, we come to understand and remember who we really are. We are children of a Heavenly Father who loves us. We had a life before this where we knew God and accepted His plan. That is so much a part of us, of course we experience discomfort and unhappiness in this life when we sin or do not follow the principles of the gospel because we aren't being true to ourselves. As we learn more of Christ and therefore more of who we should become, we will experience peace. Peace and a sense of completeness because that missing piece of us that we are unable to remember will begin to be restored to us. I have a testimony of the plan of salvation. It is God's plan of happiness for us. I know that as we try our honest best to follow the Savior's example, not only in baptism, but in thought and all action, we will experience greater happiness amidst our trials in life because we will be truer to our spiritual selves. We will enjoy blessings in this life and eternal blessings in the life to come if we exercise our faith now. I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and that at any point in our lives, we can use his sacrifice to start over, to start now, to remember Him and follow God's plan for us. His atonement has brought me so much strength and happiness in my life and on my mission. It will do the same for you. Iiwan ko na ito sa pangalan ni Jesu Cristo, Amen. 

 

MA. HAL. KO. KAY.O 

Go out and serve someone today. For me J

Sista Walters  


No comments:

Post a Comment