Sister Rhea Walters

Sister Rhea Walters

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Cinderella Goes to the Ball

Cinderella Goes to the Ball



HELLO DEAREST FAMILY AND FRIENDS- 

This week was...drum roll please....yes another roller coaster. But you know how you can't really enjoy the ride if you're always freaking out waiting for the next drop and holding on for your life? Then the moment comes where you just let go, lift up your head, eyes, and hands and take in the thrill of the unexpected? I've decided Satan can throw whatever punches he wants and I am still going to be obedient, hard working, and happy. That's my choice. I've decided to do just do my best and let God do the rest or in other words letting go and just enjoying the ride. HAPPINESS IS ALWAYS A CHOICE. And those who keep their eye single to God will not fear. 

Highlights
This week we didn't get as much proselyting time which was kind of tough because I was really excited to reach some of our progressing investigators BUT this week we had cleaning day and Christmas conference! Hence the topic of my email because on Thursday we spent the WHOLE day deep cleaning every inch of the apartment. Then Friday was an entire mission conference for Christmas so...yeah all the sisters spent actual time on their hair and stuff haha me and my comp were laughing at how much we felt like Cinderella working our tails off one day and then preparing as if we were going to the prom. 





#Funny Moment
when Sister Walters still hasn't fixed her punctuality problem and runs up onto the podium (late) for a solo in the middle of her zone presentation. Nice. 




Spiritual thought
The Conference was really fun to laugh and get together with other missionaries but to also remember how lucky we are to be missionaries at this holiday season. I am so grateful to be able to a representative of Jesus Christ at this time that we remember his birth and his life. 

We had exchanges this week and had two lessons with some GOLDEN people who were so ready fro the message of the restoration. My companions on that day were excited but a little discouraged because they said there is no one like that in their area. I just expressed there are people the Lord prepares everywhere, we just have to find them!! Finding takes faith and sometimes it's hard to leave non progressing investigators but I know prayerfully searching each day in new areas we will find "scattered Israel

I know on every exchange I have a lot to learn from the other sisters as well so I like to have them share with me their talents or teach me something. Sister Matenga taught me some Polynesian dancing and Sister Brown taught me a new way of exercising with kick boxing using our mattress. hahaha they are so awesome!! 

Just wanted to say I love you all and am so SO grateful for all your prayers and emails. I pray for you individually and I know the Lord is aware of you always- he never forgets his children. 

Sister Walters 


No comments:

Post a Comment