Sister Rhea Walters

Sister Rhea Walters

Sunday, July 10, 2016


HELLO WORLD AND HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

I promise I am still a proud American but if I am gonna be honest, I forgot what today was until another American missionary reminded me hahaha tunay na Filipino na ako! (I am now a true filipino) This week was so amazing with my awesome new companion! 

HIGHLIGHTS:

- We did a LOT of finding this week because we had two or three "punted" days. This is the term us missionaries use when all of our plans fall through or no one is home. (Like the feeling of the football when the kicker..kicks it haha) I really wanted my trainee to experience an awesome first week so we just kept our heads up, walked EVERYWHERE, and talked to EVERYONE. The lord really blessed us and we found 10 new investigators! You could say we earned our pillows at night, our legs are numb from walking hahaha, but it's a happy numb :) 

- Our recent baptisms are progressing really well in the church! Sister Lani already has a calling and Brother Arige passed his interview for the priesthood :) It's amazing to see the hand off to the ward! 

-We were able to meet a former investigator family and the spirit was amazing in our lesson with them! The mom was gone for all of the dad and children's lessons before, but now she is home and feels the blessings this gospel could give to her family! They were able to come to church as well, so I am really hoping we will be able to help them progress and feel the truth of this gospel :) Finding families is like finding a treasure chest hahaha 

 

You Know You're in the Philippines When...

Have I already talked about the Philippines squat? Apparently the most comfortable position here is sitting down, not with your behind actually on the ground but just in this like mid squat by with all your weight on your shins and heels. I wish I could describe it better but this is how everyone sits here! I am proud to say, I can sit like a real filipino now, my shins don't feel like their splitting haha! 

 

Missionaries Can Laugh Too...

1- I tried to make dinner for my child this week (a mission tradition is when you train you are their mom/dad haha) and I almost blew up the toaster oven making popcorn. Apparently you can't just use it like a microwave? 

2- I broke a chair at a members house...yup by sitting on it. That does wonders for your self-confidence hahaha all the missionaries there died because they know I'm not even 50 kilos but I was the one that broke a chair hahaha so embarrassing 

 

Tagalog Word of the Day...

"Bigla" means something happened out of the blue, all of the sudden 

 

Spiritual Thought...

A lot of the testimonies were about the power of the Priesthood. I cannot express my gratitude for this incredible gift to literally bless, and work miracles with the power of God, in the name of Jesus Christ our Savior. I have many experiences with receiving blessings from my Father, my patriarchial blessing, being set-apart as a missionary, and I know my family is sealed together for all time and eternity because of my parent's sacred marriage in the temple by a worthy priesthood holder. Worthy men in our church can literally hold the power of our almighty God in their hands. We are his literal children and he intends to give us everything that he has, IF we are worthy. I am so excited for Brother Argie to experience this as he will be ordained next sunday and will be able to pass the sacrament. I love the scripture in D&C that states the power of the priesthood is inseparably connected to the powers of heaven. But power is different from authority. You may have the authority of the priesthood but the powers from heaven will not abide in any unworhthy soul. Bretheren of the church always strive to be worhty of the spirit and powers of the priesthood. You will be guided in your own life and bless your family more than you know. Even if you don't have many opportunities to exercise it, your example is apparent to others. Sisters, let us always be instruments of the Lord and examples to help the men remain worthy! I am so grateful for this doctrine and know it exists in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints alone. It is why we have the fullness of the gospel for this gift I will always be so grateful! 

 

Mahal kita!!

SIster Walters 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment