Sister Rhea Walters

Sister Rhea Walters

Monday, February 27, 2017

Ayoko Sanang Matapos" (I didn't wan't it to end)


Ayoko Sanang Matapos" (I didn't wan't it to end)

sobrang saya. ayoko sanang matapos" (So so happy. I didn't want it to end) Is was Narciso said 
when I asked him how he felt after his confirmation as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of
 Latter Day Saints. Man my heart soared that Sunday and on Friday when him and his wife
 Carolina were baptized!! Their testimonies were incredibly strong and Tatay even talked about how hard headed he was before but he said the Holy Ghost has softened his heart and given him strength against temptations and told him the gospel is true. We gave them a picture of the Manila Temple and Carolina just said "In 1 year" and smiled :) 



We sang a rendition we made up of "How Great Thou Art" and Bishop said again he wants us to come back to sing at his funeral haha. He also had us sing it in church! That is my all time favorite thing to do. I feel the spirit so strong and just know I am not really the one singing. 

Our mission president came to the baptism! He surprised everyone when I started leading the song and he said "wait!" He ran up to play the keyboard haha and THEN he came to our ward activity the next day at the beach and sang karaoke to his wife! He is seriously hilarious. 




Also transfer day this week so...drum roll please..I am...STILL IN BACNOTAN! Found 5 (fifth transfer). My sweet companion and trainee will be going home for medical reasons and not gonna lie it's hard to see her go because she is an incredible missionary. 






Released as a Sister Training Leader finally but actually...I am really going to miss looking after and learning from all those sisters! Then I was confused when the AP told me they still need me at the meetings with President because he called me as the Coordinator of Language Study for the mission! SO...please pray for me to know how to help the foreigners learn Tagalog and the Filipinos study English

Tagalog/ English :
Matigas ang ulo- Hard headed 

You Know You're in the Philippines When:
If you can't walk to the appointment you take a tryke, and if the cart is full on the side of the motorcycle you just ride on the back of the motorcycle and hold on for dear life! It's super fun. Not sure how safe though. 

Spiritual Thought:
Elder Bednar gave a broadcast the Philippines and man I love him. No sugar coating. One thing I really loved it was my bestie in the mission mentioned in her email (sister Bleak) that mistakes are not sins. We often are too hard on our selves in evaluating how well we are "pressing forward in faith" but he said pressing forward IS faith. Faith is action. So if we are acting in accordance with the covenants we have made and living the gospel, we still have faith. Having questions or making mistakes doesn't mean we are lost. We are only lost when we stop. moving. 

In D&C 97:8 it says "All among them who know their hearts are honest, and are broken, and their spirits are contrite, and are willing to observe their covenants by sacrifice- yea, every sacrifice which I, the Lord, shall command- they are accepted of me." 

So let's not be too hard on ourselves if we are honestly giving our best with a willing and broken heart, sacrificing the things we and the world want, for what God wants. 

I love you all. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is the my strength and my song and the reason I am here. 

Sister Walters 

No comments:

Post a Comment